I hope you all had a great week and love Friday’s like I do. I also like looking back on the week for the highs and lows and everything in between.
Here are my Fave Five’s for this week.
1. Learning about cultures, traditions and getting some hands on experience is what I love about the opportunity I have to call another country home. We went to a place called the Rose Garden where we were able to see a little into the village life of the Thai people. milling rice – it’s hard work.A Thai wedding. The bride and groom recline while well wishers line up and pour water on their hands blessing them and offering the some advice. Bamboo dancing after the formalities of the wedding. It was a fast dance, very fast.
2. Loosing weight. I hit a plateau in my bid to loose weight and have been stuck for a while. I was close to giving up but this morning I stood on the scale and woohoo I lost 2 pounds. I did shake things up this week. I did shorter workouts but they were really intense. I go flat out, almost to the point of throwing up. It’s what the “experts” call interval training- going flat out for a minute and then resting for a minute.
3. Thank you for today mum. This week I signed the girls up for a tennis lesson, just to try it out. they didn’t want to go but I made them. And whenever I’ve made my girls try something new well it’s almost like they’ll say no, just because I made them do it. But I was pleasantly surprised when they said they enjoyed it very much and would like more lessons.
4. Reading. My kids wake up about an hour later than they normally would (because it’s the holidays) and it’s that time that I’ve set aside for myself. If I’m not working out then I’m reading. This week I’m reading another Sidney Sheldon book and also doing a bible study by Elizabeth George. It’s time I really need to myself or else I think I’d go crazy.
5. Black Currant and Strawberry tea. I’m loving this tea. it’s refreshing in this heat.