It’s been a busy week. My days have been full of activity and very eventful. But at the end of each day, I have laid in my bed and smiled and I’m thankful.
1. My bed, specifically the mattress. When we first bought the mattress I wasn’t too sure about it. It was expensive and I’ve learnt that expensive does not always mean better. But these last couple of days as I’ve staggered into bed when all has been done for the day I’m so thankful that we made that decision to buy a good mattress.
2. Generosity and Kindness. A couple of weeks ago I sent out letters requesting sponsorships for a gymnastics competition that our school team is hosting. It’s our first ever competition and naturally we’d like to be good hosts. I have shamelessly picked up the phone and followed up on the letters and even made contact with companies that I didn’t initially think of sending letters too. Let me just say it’s been a great week and companies and individuals have stepped up. Thank you, thank you. I’m so grateful.
3. The Good Wife and The Mentalist. I’m loving these TV shows. The titles didn’t interest me in the beginning but now I’m addicted.
4. Lost another pound. I started out the year with a goal to loose at least 4 - 5 pounds a month. It’s the end of January and I didn’t make it. I lost 3 though and I’m okay with that. I’m working to tweak a couple of things in this lifestyle change.
5. Practical Church and hearing my kids tell me that they love going to church. I’m a believer and of course I hope that my kids will also believe and make that decision to follow Christ. I feel responsible to make sure that I expose them to church but of course in the end that is their decision to make. For right now though they are loving church and it’s something they look forward too. They’re also both interested in getting involved with Operation Smile. Tanysha told me after church that she has to save some money to help some children smile.