Hooray for Friday, and it’s that time of the week to recall Five Favorite things from my week.
1. My children and my parents. Watching them spend time together. I know I’ve shared this one before but this week and the last my girls have been telling my husband and I to please “go out”. Meaning please get out of the house and go get a massage or go watch a movie or something. At first I didn’t understand why so I asked. And this was their answer. “So Bubu (grand parent in my language) mummy and bubu daddy can look after us and we can play cards with them. My parents will be going back to P.N.G. soon and so my hubby and I are making the most of my children’s request! I am just loving that my children are spending time with my parents. These times are few and far between.
2. Dad’s last Chemo session. I can’t believe that Dad is scheduled for his last chemo session today. Blood tests show that the cancer cells have gone away. I’m so thankful that my father has done well and is doing great. He does get down and weary but considering all things we have a lot to be thankful for.
3. My Community Church. The Chaengwattna Community Church. For some reason I have not been able to get to church every Sunday. So last Sunday it was great to go back. I missed church. I missed the people and I missed having my spirit fed. It was wonderful. But what really made it for me was that although I had been away for a while (a long while) I felt no judgment. Just love and acceptance and that they were happy to see me back. Now to me, that’s a church.
picture of our church building.
4. Remember my first ever fave five post and in it I mentioned a new house. Well after many emails and phone calls this week we will finally be signing the lease agreement next week. It’s hard to believe that the owner actually held the house for me that long and waited. I’m so thankful. I fell in love with the house when I first saw it and I just know it will work great for us. Dear Lord bless her heart! (pictures of the house)
5. Friday’s TV Sports Schedule. I love to watch sports on TV. I love my NBA basketball and my Footy. Actually I love all sports – well not really. I have yet to fall in love with soccer and motor car racing. Anyway I always look forward to Friday’s because there’s basketball in the morning(thanks Lakers for extending my season!) and then there’s Rugby League (NRL, Australian Rugby) and Rugby Union(The Super 14) on in the evenings. What can I say I just love the games.
Happy Friday Everyone and have a great weekend.