2014 Snapshots

Friday, March 6

Friday’s Fave Five - #1

Okay I’m joining in on the fun.  I’ve decided to take part in “Friday’s Fave Five” hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

 

I’ve decided to join in because I agree that it’s a  great way to look back on the week and remember.  Remember the small but significant events, what tickled my fancy, or what made me smile, and maybe even that encouragement that helped me keep on keeping on. So here’s to sharing my five favorite things of this week.

1. Happy days are back for my 4 year old who is once again in love with school. We had a little hiccup a couple of weeks ago but she is happy to get up, get dressed and out the door with a smile on her face. I was beginning to get worried and stressed but thankfully we are back to normal.

2. Rain. Now it didn’t pour down like it usually does here in Bangkok but it rained. The weather has been sticky and icky and rain was welcome relief.  I love the way how everything looks clean and the smoggy skies are cleared. It’s pretty.

 

3. Psalm 33:20-22 (The Message)

20-22 We're depending on God;
      he's everything we need.
   What's more, our hearts brim with joy
      since we've taken for our own his holy name.
   Love us, God, with all you've got—
      that's what we're depending on.

The first 8 words of these bible verses have given me peace this week. Last week was rough not only for Dad and his recovery from the operation but I found it hard too.  Maybe not physically but emotionally.  I have seen God’s hand once again and I’m so thankful that yea my heart is brim with joy!!

4.  Last week I went and saw a new house that I really like and I feel that would work just perfectly for my family.  But here’s the problem, we are currently in a lease for another couple of months and we have to honor it. I told the owner straight up.  I wasn’t too sure if she would be willing to hold the house for me, but she called me during the week and said that she could and would. Now I told her that she didn’t have to because I would totally understand if she wanted someone in it like now.  Given the economic situations everywhere, but you know what she said to me – She said “I like you” so I’m going to hold the house for you. I don’t know this lady, we have never met until she showed me her house so she really no obligation here.  It did lift my spirit though and I was flattered by what she said.  I also know that it’s all God.  He is so in control!!

Here are some pics of the house.  1st.pic –entrance of the house (side window looking out to pool).  2nd pic.  Looking downstairs from the top.  I just love the wooden floor.

 

 5.  If I have ever doubted my husbands love for me then I will doubt no more.  Like I said it’s been a rough 2 weeks but my wonderful husband, well, he has been my rock this week.  My smile, my laughter.  He’s listened to me and my fears, and has held me.  And from his steadiness has reminded  me that God is in control not only of my father’s health, but our finances as we help Dad with his treatment.  Thanks darling – I love you!

So here’s my first fave five.  Make sure to stop by at “Living to tell the Story” to find out what others have enjoyed this week or better yet join in on the fun.

12 comments:

Norberto Kurrle said...

You have a great list there, Kari! I resonate with the Scripture you added. Your children are strikingly beautiful and I can "see" the hope coming from your words of gratitude. Thank you so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend.

Jientje said...

Everything is turning out for the best for you, that is great!!
I enjoyed reading this.
Have a great week!

Brenda said...

Nice to meet your blog Kari. Its fun to have these blogs from far away places, and Bangkok is an exotic city.

Love the new house, hope it works out for you. The pool looks inviting!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Friday Fave Five! What a wonderful list! Glad your little one is liking school again, and I am so glad to hear how the Lord has ministered to you through His Word and through your husband. Glad your father is improving as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari,
I enjoyed reading your favorites this week. Your daughter is such a cutie!! Love the verses you shared too. What a blessing that the owner of that house will hold it for you! Blessings...

Melis said...

What a great week! Good luck with the house, it is beautiful! BTW, I LOVE that verse! Have a great weekend!

Tabitha said...

welcome!! i'm only on #10 but I love it! What a lovely post, i love the rain! keep us posted on the house--it is amazing what feats God can pull off!!

Jerralea said...

Welcome to Fave 5! You have a wonderful list. I loved the pics of your new house. Definitely, God is giving you favor for the landlady to hold it for you!

Susanne said...

Kari, hello and welcome to Fave Five. I'm so glad you joined in. I loved reading your favorites from the week.

I love that translation of that verse! He truly is everything we need! Your girls are absolutely adorable!

Susanne said...

Oh and I forgot to say what gorgeous floors in that house. And what a blessing that it's being held for you.

Karyn said...

That house looks wonderful! What a blessing that the owner is willing to wait for you.

You've a great list! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

I would love that view from the home to the pool.And how lovely the view is after the rain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...