And of course it’s that time of the week again. Time to reflect on the good things for the week.
Here’s my five:
1. Biking. My kids are still recovering and so I’ve not been able to join the serious bikers. But I have managed to get some time for myself and bike around the lake. These pretty flower made me happy, even on an overcast and muggy day.
2. Old letters and the memories. I love reading through my old letters. Letters that I received while I was at school and college. I was looking for some papers this week and I came across the letters. And so I sat down and went down memory lane.
3. Big Hearts. The church we attend is planning a trip to a refugee camp on the border of Thailand and Burma in October. For this trip we’re collecting stationary items that the children can use for their classes. Yhis week I noticed a family donated close to a thousand exercise books. It’s just such a wonderful thing to see when people give, and give big. There are many good people out there.
4. The Pool. It sure is the quickest way to cool down in the humidity. I’m ever so grateful for it.
5. My rocking chair. I bought this chair for 5 dollars back in the US at a yard sale. I sent it in to be re-upholstered2 weeks ago. They told me it would take a month but I got it back yesterday. I’ve fallen in love with it all over again.
Well that’s it. I hope you had a great week. Thanks again Susanne. You’re a great host.