2014 Snapshots

Friday, August 6

Friday’s Fave Five # 54

FFF blue

I’ve been away and it’s great to come back.  I see that the FFF regulars have been partying on and I just got to jump right back in.

This week’s been busy as I’ve been getting the girls ready for school, which starts next week.  Throughout the day’s it’s been the small things that have made me stop, breathe and be happy.

1.  Late afternoon rain.  After going non stop during the day, ticking off a ‘to do list’  like a crazy woman, it’s nice to sit and listen to the sound of the rain and watch it too.  

IMG_0138

2. Morning Sun.  After the night rain the sun shined every morning this week.  The sun glowing brightly through the clean clear skies drying off the  leaves still holding drops of rain. IMG_0099

3.  Scented Candles.   IMG_0001

4.   smelling, tasting and trying Thai food.   Not all the smells were appealing and not everything  tasted good (for me anyway)  but I will try out most foods.  I went with my kids and none of us are very  good at speaking/understanding Thai.  Although we understood one word very well “phet” – meaning spicy!!IMG_0132 IMG_0113 IMG_0115 IMG_0120IMG_0116IMG_0126

5.  Happy kids.  Happy to be back home in their own beds, able to laugh out loud and not have to worry about hotel etiquette.  Eating familiar foods and the simple things that home sweet home.

Thanks Susanne.  You are a great host.

For more Fave Five’s click here.

7 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Glad you are back. We start school again next week; I’m not ready yet. Yikes. I can almost smell your scented candle. Great pic. The food is so colorful there. Yes, it’s always nice to get back to the simple pleasures of home.

Susannah said...

I can smell all that good food! Spicey you say? Not a problem! We like spicey!

Thanks for visiting Chrysalis today. Happy FFF!

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Karyn said...

Welcome back! Hope your holiday was everything you'd hoped for.

I enjoyed your photos....especially the ones of the food. The little bit of Thai food I've had, I enjoyed very much. Two of my kids have been to Thailand and both came back raving about the food!

Have a great week!

Brenda said...

Wonderful pictures of that Thai food. I love it and like it even better spicy but some of the smells can be overwhelming.

Its always nice to be home in your own bed though!

momma24 said...

The pics of the food made me hungry! lol Great list!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Welcome back -- it's always good to get home again.

Your pictures are just lovely. And I love that afternoon rain and morning sun, too. Have a great week!

Susanne said...

Your pictures of all the variety of food made me want to taste and smell too.

I love a rainy evening with sunny mornings. Your pictures are lovely.

I love a nice scented candle too. We've been enjoying a really summery one called Seaside Escape.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...