2014 Snapshots

Sunday, April 25

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe

A couple of weeks ago Renee had to choose her electives for middle school and one of them she chose was the school Band.  Yesterday at school was the Beginning Band drive.  All the kids who signed up had to list 3 instruments try them out and then choose.

The 3 instruments she chose was  the oboe, the saxophone and the trumpet.

She tried them all and then made her choice.  

oboesaxaphonetrumpet

And that would be the Trumpet. 

I was secretly hoping that she choose the saxophone but here is where I’ve got to bite my tongue, step back and allow her to make her own choices. 

I was surprised that she had some pretty big pipes to get the sound out.  I think she’s going to enjoy it very much and so will I!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I tried the trumpet when I was in fifth grade, but it never took! I bet she'll do great though!

Francesca said...

The school band must be a lot of fun! It's nice when kids get to play music together in a group!

natsumi said...

Woow, that's lovely! I used to play piano but I have never tried the saxophone.... Looks like fun!

laura said...

I had no idea that was how the students chose their instruments! R's choice is awesome! (and that is my friend Avery in the first photo!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...