2014 Snapshots

Thursday, December 31

Goodbye 2009 !

In a couple of minutes I’ll bid farewell to 2009 and welcome in the New Year.    It’s hard to believe that another year will be over and a new one is about to begin. 

It’s crazy.    The clock ticks on,  seasons have changed, and my babies are another year older (oh and so am I!!)

But before I bid farewell I thought I’d share some random things about myself and what I’ve learnt this decade.

And so here they are;

1.  I’ve enjoyed 10 years of marriage and  I’m looking forward to many more.

2.  I resigned from my job as an accountant and packed up with hubby and started my journey as the travelling spouse.

3.  By becoming a travelling spouse I became a stay-at-home mom.  (p.s. I’m still getting use to it.)

4.  I enrolled in an Early Childhood Learning program and studied by correspondence and got my certificate. It’s really is never to late.

5.  I had 3 children and my perspective on life changed dramatically.

6.  I bought my first house.

7.  I discovered the slow cooker!!

8.  I owned my first ever cell phone at the age of 27.

9.  I’ve lived in 3 different continents this decade.

10.  Oh and I discovered the world of blogging. It’s been wonderful and I’m looking forward to another year.

Well there you have it – nothing special, just randomness.

Happy New Year everyone and may all good things come your way.

5 comments:

Mari said...

How things have changed! Happy New Year to all of you!

Ritva said...

happy new year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful thoughts and lessons learned. Just absolutely wonderful :) Hau’oli Makahiki Hou to you and your entire family :)

Francesca said...

Kari, this is sweet and real randomness! Thank you for your friendship, and happy new year to you and your family.

jane said...

wishing you a new year filled with laughter and love- and blogging! here´s to planning a visit to thailand in 2010- have you got room? i can sleep on the floor;) warm hugs friend! and your trip looks wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...