Wow it’s Friday already! My goodness the weeks are going by so fast.
Well it’s the end of another week, and much to be thankful for. Thanks to Suanne for this great idea of looking back on the week to find five high moments of our week. Click here for more details or visit Living To tell the Story for more Fave Fives.
So here are mine:
1. Meeting New People. I love it when i meet new people. As school has really settled in now and I’ve begun to see familiar faces of the parents whose kids are in the same class as my own I’ve introduced myself and made some new friends. The neatest thing about it – they are from all over the world. This week I met parents from Germany, Holland, India, Copenhagen, Canada and Honduras. My new friend from Honduras is a Chef! Which I think is so neat.
2. Early Nights equals, early mornings which leads to “no” rushed mornings. This week has been great. I have consciously made an effort to get to bed around 9.30pm so I am able to get up around 5.30 in the morning. I get up shower and make breakfast. It really has made a difference in the mornings. I am not rushed, my kids are not rushed and best of all we are all able to sit and have breakfast together. Now just to keep it going!!
3. Attending a Parent Workshop. For 5th grade math. I’m so glad I attended this workshop. I’m not the best math student so any help I can get on understanding the curriculum and how best I can help my 5th grader, I’m all ears. It was a great session and now I am a little more equipped on how best to assist/guide my daughter with her math homework. My daughter was also thrilled to see me at the workshop!
4. Fellowship. Our Encouraging Women’s fellowship/and bible study kicked off on Wednesday and it was a such a refreshing time. I signed up for a Beth Moore study – Living Beyond Yourself which I am really looking forward to. I enjoy Beth Moore studies and the videos that come along with it. She just has a way to visualize the bible. It is a 10 week study but I am looking forward to it and making more friends.
5. Attending a Cooking Class. Indian Cuisine!! I’m so glad I went today. I wasn’t too sure if I would enjoy it but I did enjoy it very much. So much so that I’m going back next week. Not only did we share what we cooked together but I met more people. It was great.
So there it is my Fave Five for this week. Make sure to visit Susanne for more.
Happy Weekend Everyone.