2014 Snapshots

Friday, September 4

Friday’s Fave Five # 24.

springtime FF5

Wow it’s Friday already!  My goodness the weeks are going by so fast.

Well it’s the end of another week, and much to be thankful for.  Thanks to Suanne for this great idea of looking back on the week to find five high moments of our week.  Click here for more details or visit Living To tell the Story for more Fave Fives.

So here are mine:

1.  Meeting New People.  I love it when i meet new people.  As school has really settled in now and I’ve begun to see familiar faces of the parents whose kids are in the same class as my own I’ve introduced myself and made some new friends.  The neatest thing about it – they are from all over the world.  This week I met parents from Germany, Holland, India, Copenhagen, Canada and Honduras.  My new friend from Honduras is a Chef!  Which I think is so neat.

2. Early Nights equals, early mornings which leads to “no” rushed mornings.    This week has been great.  I have consciously made an effort to get to bed around 9.30pm so I am able to get up around 5.30 in the morning.  I get up shower and make breakfast.  It really has made a difference in the mornings.  I am not rushed, my kids are not rushed and best of all we are all able to sit and have breakfast together.  Now just to keep it going!!

3.  Attending a Parent Workshop.  For 5th grade math.  I’m so glad I attended this workshop.  I’m not the best math student so any help I can get on understanding the curriculum and how best I can help my 5th grader, I’m all ears.  It was a great session and now I am a little more equipped on how best to assist/guide my daughter with her math homework.  My daughter was also thrilled to see me at the workshop!

4.  Fellowship.  Our Encouraging Women’s fellowship/and bible study kicked off on Wednesday and it was a such a refreshing time.  I signed up for a Beth Moore study – Living Beyond Yourself which  I am really looking forward to.  I enjoy Beth Moore studies and the videos that come along with it.  She just has a way to visualize the bible.  It is a 10 week study but I am looking forward to it and making more friends.

5.  Attending a Cooking Class.  Indian Cuisine!!  I’m so glad I went today.  I wasn’t too sure if I would enjoy it but I did enjoy it very much.  So much so that I’m going back next week.  Not only did we share what we cooked together but I met more people.  It was great.

DSC07946cooking the eggplant for the  Grilled Eggplant Curry.

So there it is my Fave Five for this week.  Make sure to visit Susanne for more.

Happy Weekend Everyone.

10 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

I need to remember more often to do the "early nights, early morning" thing. :-) It does make the morning go so much smoother. Great list!

ellen b said...

Oh that cooking class sounds great! I'm glad you've enjoyed your new morning routine! Our Bible Study starts on the 18th of September. It will be good to get back to the weekly routine :0)
Have a great weekend...

nikkipolani said...

I want to comment on your faves, but am having a hard time pulling my eyes away from that spectacular header photo! Amazing shot. Anyway, your faves, esp the cooking class sounds delightful. May the early morning thing keep working for you :-)

jane said...

sounds like you had a great week. that cooking class looks awesome! wish they had things like that here! happy weekend! besos-jane

Jerralea said...

What an interesting week! It's great you can meet new people wherever you go.

I'm thrilled for you that you can go to a Beth Moore bible study. I have so wanted to do that!

Anonymous said...

You header is wonderful. You have done excellent with that. I love your FFF. What a great week. I would love to take a cooking class...maybe I could learn to boil water LOL. I'm having a problem ... you blog isn't coming up in my reader pfft...I get so irritated with Google sometimes.

Brenda said...

Its sounds like you have a lot of international students, how wonderful! Do you mind if I ask which church you attend in Bangkok? We were there a few years ago and caught a service at an international church.

Susanne said...

I need to be doing what you do: go to bed earlier and get up earlier. You go girl. That is awesome.

Your week sounds wonderful. The cooking class sounds like lots of fun and the Beth Moore class sounds really good. I've heard from others that say they got a lot out of it.

Willow said...

I am enchanted with your new header photo! It's beautiful!

I love your Faves this week, so many of them centered around your girls' school. Enjoy these years of spending so much direct time with them. What a great idea to have a math session with the parents!

Have a great weekend!

Hazel said...

Nice faves. I sooo miss grilled eggplant! specially the salad version. I can eat it once every week for weeks and weeks. The workshops sound great. I would be interested in Math too as I also need more explanations to understand the subject. Have a great weekend, Kari.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...