It’s Friday and it’s that time of the week to recall and share all my favorite things from the week. It’s such a neat thing to do. If you want to find out what it is click here. If you are interested in reading other’s Favorite Five then go visit Susanne’s our dear host at Living to Tell the Story.
So here’s the five that made my week.
1. Parent Enthusiasm and Support. I serve as the President of the Parent/Teacher Group at my daughters school and I just love it when the parents are raring to go and get things done. We have International Day next week. It is a day where the students with their parents set up booths from their country and then share/teach us about the country. Some of the things we learn maybe their language, a dance, a sport, animals or just their way of life and types of foods they eat. It is such a neat thing. Our school has over 22 different countries represented but because of time and commitments we aren’t able to have stalls for all the countries. But we have a good number this year. There will be Australia, Thailand, Philippines, China, South America (Bolivia & Brazil), France, Angola, New Zealand, U.S.A and Papua New Guinea(that would be my booth). It’s exciting but so much more because of the support from the parents. It is so wonderful. I’m excited and ready to put on a good display for the children. I will share pictures next Friday. Here below are a couple from last year.
Tattooing Tanysha’s face with a black marker.
Tanysha and I. We made our head dresses from feather dusters.
Sharing with the children about the different types of animals in Papua New Guinea.
Tanysha showing her Dad the passport that she made. Her travel pass for the day. (Red, Black and Yellow are our national colors, in case you are wondering).
2. Nurses. I have come across so many over the last couple of months and I must say they are good and I am thankful for that. The ones that have treated Dad anyway. I know my Dad and he can be difficult but these nurses are great and know just how to handle him. Whether it be to find that vein to get the IV going, or calming Dad down or just talking to him and keeping him company. They have been wonderful and I’m thankful for them.
3. Air Conditions. Yes I love the A/C. It is so hot here now and it is just downright awful. It’s that kind of humid, sticky hot. I never use to sweat much but now I do. And so I’m thankful for this thing called the A/C because I don’t know what I would do with out it. I must also add in the fan. It helps spread the cold air quicker. Let me just say though, I don’t like the bill too much when it arrives in my mail box!!
4. Soup. Especially this one. It has noodles and pork in it and it’s spicy. I love it. The great thing is that you can have it either really spicy or just a little. It’s up to you.
5. And lastly, chocolate cake with tea. I know it’s not the best thing for me but I couldn’t resist this week.
Actually, sorry but I just got to add one more for this week ………
6. My basketball team making it through to the next round of the NBA Playoffs. Go Lakers - all the way.
So these are my five for this week. What’s your fave five? Go on share with us at Living to Tell the Story. Thanks again Susanne for hosting.