2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, April 14

A Mother’s Natural Instincts

I hate snakes.  I really really do.  For some reason they just make my body shiver all over and the soles of my feet itch.  And if I should come across one I will turn and run in the other direction or climb up high onto anything just to be as far away from it as possible.

Well yesterday I was confronted by one, and naturally I would have run for my life or climbed onto something just to get away from it.  But I didn’t.  And I couldn’t because my son was fast asleep in his string bag.

This snake was in my house… uggghh and not very far away from my son.  I don’t know how it got in but it did and I was freaking out. 

Thankfully my husband was home so I called him to help me get it out.  He came downstairs while I got onto the piano stool and lifted my son in his string bag higher into the air.

I’m so glad we were able to guide the snake towards the sliding door and back outside where it belongs.  It was a scary moment for me.  I don’t know what I would have done had it decided to slither to a corner or something.   After the snake left and was outside I was amazed with myself at how I was able to stay and not run or climb. But that I choose to be brave just for the moment to protect my son.

I’m amazed at what my children bring out in me.  I guess it is our natural instinct as parents to protect.

I hope the snake is gone.  It’s been hard to not think about it today.  I’ve gone through the house checking and re-checking that there are no more creepy crawly’s around.  I think my doors will be closed for a couple of days.  We have had a lot of rain lately and the humidity that follows it is horrible. 

But oh so great for the snakes – they love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help laughing esp. the part where you lifted Joshua higher into the air even when you were standing on a stool. I hate snakes too but green frogs, I'd rather "die" then touch one.At home i know when it's time for the frogs to come out, every corner.With our new home, since moving in I have not spotted one until 3 days ago,next to my son who was on his bike.For the first time in my life I had to chased the frog away because my son was scared of the frog next to him. Yep,we'll do anything to protect our children.So amazing!ck

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...