2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, January 7

Other Stuff I did during this Christmas Vacation

A couple of days ago I blogged of our trip up to the North of Thailand.  It was such a great trip and we had such a great time – not only learning and seeing this wonderful country but also enjoying each other and making memories that will forever remain with each one of us in a different way.

Well that is not all that we did.  We did do a whole lot of other stuff when we got back home.  so much that I would have to do multiple blogs to capture it all but I’ve decided against it – instead here is a list of the other stuff we did:

  • Took my parents and brother bowling – they have never been and it was  fun.  Except for all the injuries that they woke up with the next morning.

  • Went to a floating market – the most popular one here in Thailand called the “Damnoen Saduak - Floating Market”.  Oh I loved this trip.  Shopping on the water!! The whole experience was great.  My kids really enjoyed the boat ride.

  • watched the most dangerous show – A Cobra Show.  I have never seen a man catch a snake with his mouth.  It was spectacular but also crazy – on his part!.

  • We also visited the Grand Palace. and it was grand indeed.  The palace, the surrounding temples, the history and the number of visitors was just amazing. Not only were the buildings and the emerald buddha interesting but the sight of the farangs (tourists in Thai) walking into a building and coming out in completely different clothing was kinda funny.  There is a strict dress code so many of the tourist had to change.

  • We took mum, dad and brother for dinner along the river – a buffet dinner so we were totally stuffed by the end of it.

  • took my parents to the Chatuchak market and went crazy.  Yes the shopping has been endless. 

It has been so great to have my parents here – not only to have them see all these places and experience Thailand but I am most thankful that my kids are able to spend time with them.  Share with them, laugh with them and have them pour out all that loving that comes from grand parents.  It is pure joy for me to see my children with their grand parents – pure joy.

…..Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...