2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, December 24

My Christmas Song List. Number......

number 2 Drummer Boy

This is such a cool song.  Again there are so many versions but this time round I'm enjoying the version from "Jars of Clay".  For as long as I can remember I've always loved this song - as a kid I remember the "pa rum pum pum pum was always the best part to sing.  Just the other day I was singing this song to myself and my 4 year old heard me and asks me: "what are you singing?".  I answered her saying a Christmas song.  She quickly turned around and said to me - that's not a Christmas song, I don't hear the word Christmas or Christ in it so it can't be a Christmas song.  That may be true but this is one Christmas song through and through.

This simple song reminds me that whatever it is that we have big or small God will accept it from us.  Whatever the gift is we have to offer to our King - God looks at our heart attitude.

I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 
Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum 
Me and my drum.

As Christmas day nears what gift do you have ready to place before Him?

.....Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...