2014 Snapshots

Friday, December 19

My Christmas Song List. Number......

number 3

He Made a Way in a Manger

This song is just such a beautiful song.  The words and the music - absolutely beautiful.  I'm sure as a child one of the first carols you learnt was "Away in a Manger."  Well this song goes a step further and shares how God made a way for us in that manger.  For me it reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas.  I know that I get carried away with all the bright sparkles of the marketing part of this season, so carried away with the shopping etc - but this song brings me back to that manger and what happened there that historic night and how that gift of love made that way for me!

From the first word till that last - this song is about the lyrics.  Ponder this line in the song:

"But God displayed his mercy, the greatest gift of love, when we could not reach heaven, heaven came to us".

Christ did truly come to us - not on a red carpet, or like any King would make an entrance but He came to us in a very humble way - in a manger.

.....Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...