2014 Snapshots

Thursday, March 6

Today.....

I called a friend whom I haven’t spoken to for about 5 or maybe even 6 years. Not only is she a college friend but she was also my Maid of Honor at my wedding. After I left home (Papua New Guinea) we kind of went our own ways and have not been able to keep in touch. Anyway it was great to catch up with her and share together what God is doing in our lives.

Secondly Renee and I went into town to buy some tickets to the Disney on Ice show that is coming to Thailand. I was worried that there would not be any tickets left because out of the 22 shows here only 2 are in English so I thought those tickets would have been snapped up long ago but thankfully there were some left for my family.

After purchasing the tickets I thought since we are here we may as well check out baby stuff. I have not even begun to shop for my son. I have a dirty little secret - I am a procrastinator, yes there I have admitted it. It truly drives my husband crazy.

Anyway we went around and looked and looked and couldn’t decide. There are so many brands, colors etc it’s so difficult. I thought I’d be excited but I feel more overwhelmed. I actually started to have a head-ache so Renee and I walked away. We decided instead to go grab some lunch. While deciding on what to have I bumped into a friend who was surprised to see my bump. She had no idea I was pregnant. I told her don’t’s worry you are not the only one. Many of my friends here think I’m just getting fat!!! Anyway she was excited for me and we chatted a while and then we went of to get our food.
I had a salad and Renee had pizza. While eating my friend came around again and asked me if I had stuff for my baby already or if I was planning on buying new stuff for my seeing that it’s a boy and I have 2 girls.
I told her honestly that I haven’t bought anything and I actually came into town to start looking and buying. You know what she told me – don’t buy anything. She said to go around to her home and pick up her baby stuff that she does not need anymore. She told me she has a car seat, baby carrier and a stroller. My heart leapt with joy. Not only does it save me some money but it takes away the stress of shopping for those items. Which I truly was not looking forward too. I truly feel blessed and I know that this is God’s doing. totally. Thank you Jesus.

Now I was already feeling pretty blessed but God was not done yet. When Renee and I got home there was a box waiting for me from a dear friend back in Bakersfield. God Bless her heart.
She sent us goodies from the US and Christmas gifts for my children. My children and I were so excited. We thanked Jesus for our friends and their kindness and then ripped the box open. Chocolates, hard candy and crystal light. Things my kids and I miss.


Thank you dear Lord for our friends and thank you that you take care of us, and provide for us no matter what.

I have had a wonderful day today and I know in my heart that God has poured out his blessings on me.

You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.
Psalm 4:7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...