2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, February 13

Book Review - "A Mom After God's Own Heart"

Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it springs the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:23.

It is all about the heart! Every thing I do, everything I say, every choice I make reveals the condition of my heart. Boy that is a challenging truth, hard to accept but the truth. The Bible does say out of the heart comes forth the issues of life.
As I continue to read the above mentioned book Elizabeth George points out that in order for me to be effective in directing my children's hearts towards God I need to check out my own heart first and know what condition it is in. Mothering, committing, praying and dedicating, dealing with and disciplining my children all starts in my heart.

I need to take time to nourish my own heart first, I need to seek God first, read His word first and have God deal with my heart first. It's a tough truth but a very real truth that I need to face.
Really, how can I possibly expect to talk/share with my children about a God I may know about in my head but not in my heart.
The heart is really what matters here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...