2014 Snapshots

Monday, February 28

it would’ve been a happy birthday!

DSC04139today was a sad day for me. my sadness is not because my father did not live a good life but that he went too soon. what I consider to be still young.  Oh how cruel cancer can be……

My dad would have turned 61 today. it’s his birthday and we would’ve celebrated it.  not with a big party or anything but I know my brother and sisters would have made him a cake and gathered everyone together to sing him and wish him a happy birthday.

I would’ve called him and had my children sing him happy birthday over the phone and then we would’ve talked  about anything and everything and then I’d have wished him a very happy birthday.

Because that’s what we always did.

there is an ache in my heart knowing that I can’t do that anymore. 

But today I chose to celebrate him and his life and remember it all. I called home, spoke with my sisters and we shared some memories. I had hoped to speak to mum but she wasn’t available.  I know this day would have been a difficult one for her.

we remembered together and we celebrated you Dad………..…

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Mari said...

You're right - 61 is far too young. I'm sorry you lost him at that age, but so happy you have good memories. Thinking of you and your family today.

Francesca said...

Thinking of you today.

Joyce said...

Kari, I'm so sorry. I did not know your dad and I share the same day as our birthday. My husband's father years ago passed away on my birthday I take a moment of the day to think of him and say a prayer. I will do the same next year for your dad. I am happy to share the day with such a wonderful man. I like to think when the sun is out we get hugs from heaven. Many hugs my friend. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...