2014 Snapshots

Friday, November 12

Friday’s Fave Five # 61

FFF fall background

Oh I’ve been looking forward to this Friday.  Hubby comes back tonight so it’s definitely a good Friday for me.  I’ve had a great week too.  A little stressed and a little ugly at times (snapping at my kids and not being patient!!) so I’m glad that it’s Friday cause the weekend is here….

Well it is that time of the week, so here’s 5 random things that were highlights.

1.  Kind Words.  It’s amazing how kind spoken words can lift your spirit and encourage you to keep on going.  I received some kind and encouraging words from a woman I don’t know very well and it’s what I needed.  i was blessed.

IMG_0571 

2. Helpers. So the school will celebrate International Week next week.  The climax of the week will be where 25 classrooms throughout the elementary school will be transformed into a representation of 25 different countries.  Of course I’m representing Papua New Guinea and my family is the only family so I need help.  Hubby will be away for work and can’t help me on that day but I have some lovely women who have volunteered  to be ambassadors for my PNG on that day.  I am so grateful!

3.  Shopping with a friend. It was fun to get out and have some girl time with some good people.  It was great to get my mind of things.  And a welcome break from the preparations that I’ve been doing for International week.

4. Starbucks.  I know it’s expensive and it does add up so I only get a drink once in a while.  And this week I treated myself to a drink and it was good. 

5.  Quotes.  I love reading and I love it when certain quotes just jump out at you and this one below did that.

"If we stop learning today, we stop teaching tomorrow."
-- Howard Hendricks

I hope you all had a great week.  Make sure to visit Susanne our lovely host over at “Living to Tell the Story”.

6 comments:

Mari said...

International week sounds like a big project, but fun. What a great way for the kids to learn!

Francesca said...

Unexpected kind words do make a difference.

Jerralea said...

Love that quote!

I'm sure International Day will go great!

I hate shopping, but if I'm going to do it, shopping with a friend makes it better!

Willow said...

You've been blessed twic this week by kindness! Wonderful! I'm sure you're glad your husband is back for the weekend.

Susanne said...

I remember your last year's international day. It was wonderful reading about it and looking at your pictures. I know you'll do great again this year!

Kind uplifting words from others is a gift, for sure.

Karen said...

I love the title of your blog. Great list for FFF. Kind words, time with friends, good quotes and the occasional Starbucks -- my favs, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...