Oh I’ve been looking forward to this Friday. Hubby comes back tonight so it’s definitely a good Friday for me. I’ve had a great week too. A little stressed and a little ugly at times (snapping at my kids and not being patient!!) so I’m glad that it’s Friday cause the weekend is here….
Well it is that time of the week, so here’s 5 random things that were highlights.
1. Kind Words. It’s amazing how kind spoken words can lift your spirit and encourage you to keep on going. I received some kind and encouraging words from a woman I don’t know very well and it’s what I needed. i was blessed.
2. Helpers. So the school will celebrate International Week next week. The climax of the week will be where 25 classrooms throughout the elementary school will be transformed into a representation of 25 different countries. Of course I’m representing Papua New Guinea and my family is the only family so I need help. Hubby will be away for work and can’t help me on that day but I have some lovely women who have volunteered to be ambassadors for my PNG on that day. I am so grateful!
3. Shopping with a friend. It was fun to get out and have some girl time with some good people. It was great to get my mind of things. And a welcome break from the preparations that I’ve been doing for International week.
4. Starbucks. I know it’s expensive and it does add up so I only get a drink once in a while. And this week I treated myself to a drink and it was good.
5. Quotes. I love reading and I love it when certain quotes just jump out at you and this one below did that.
"If we stop learning today, we stop teaching tomorrow."
-- Howard Hendricks