I’ve been away for a couple of weeks now from listing my favorites for the week. So I thought I’d get back with the start of November.
So with the beginning of a new month, here are 5 things that made me happy this week.
1. Cool weather! Even on an overcast day in Thailand it's still hot and sticky but this week we’re enjoying such lovely weather. Everyone can’t stop talking about it. The mornings are cooler that I’m able to exercise later than usual without it being too hot. It then remains cool throughout the day too. It’s gorgeous!
2. Rejoicing and praising with a friend. A friend of mine does “Prison Ministry” On Mondays and Friday’s she visits a prisoner in one of the many prisons here in Bangkok . This week the lady she’s been visiting for the last couple of years was finally released on Wednesday. After 16 years in prison she got on a plane and headed back home, which for her was South Africa.
3. Aspiring kid. For now, my 6 six year old told us that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. I know this may change later on, maybe even next week she’ll want to be something else, but for now I don’t mind it the Doctor aspirations. I will dream with her.
(the doctor in our community compound was kind enough to help her out with her class project and loaned her the stethoscope and coat!)
4. Coffee and Chocolate. Sometimes I wonder if it’s these 2 things that help me get through the days. Lately I’ve been busy and especially with International Day coming up in 2 weeks I’m starting to stress again……
5. NBA. The season has finally started and I know it’s a long one too – 82 games long. The LA Lakers are off to a great start 5-0. I’m hoping for a 3-peat!!
I hope you’ve all had a great week. Make sure to visit Susanne for more fave fives.