2014 Snapshots

Sunday, September 19

Sunday

have you heard any of these sayings before:
In calm water every ship has a good captain. (from Switzerland)
or   It is no use fishing in front of the net. (from England)
And how about this one from the Ukraine:  Every road has two directions.
and this one from Bantu:  Water is never tired of  flowing.
DSCF2087photo Joshua at the Erawan waterfall.
Today I taught the  middle school kids at church.  And our topic was about worry.  It was interesting to hear about the things they worry about.  I admit that as adults we sometimes think that our children worry about such trivial “stuff” but some of their concerns are very real.  Our discussions were very interesting.
I went this morning prepared to teach and hopefully get the message across that “worry never really changed anything” and that there are ways to deal with their worries.  I hope they got the message.  I know for certain though that  I walked out of the class learning a whole lot more from the children that I was with today. 
I was blessed.
Hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...