Wow Friday already, it’s hard to believe. It’s been a tough week for me. I received news that my father isn’t doing too well and has been in and out of the hospital these past two weeks. If you’ve followed me on this blog you know that my Dad was diagnosed with cancer. His chemotherapy worked but I’m learning that you just never with cancer and why it comes back for some people and not others.
But even so there are some good things that happened this week and for which I am thankful for.
1. Spontaneous hugs from my kids. Even from my 10 year old who is at that age/grade where she wants to be all grown up and independent but still likes to be hugged back.
2. Electricity. This may be a strange one but with the storm that happened and the power outages because of the storm it’s hard to imagine what things would be like without electricity. You don’t really think about these things until it’s off…..for a couple of hours. Oh and the heat and humidity here does not help at all!
3. Still losing weight. I’m an emotional eater and with the news from home I thought I would just loose control over my eating but thankfully that did not happen. I weighed in and I lost another 2 pounds. I’m doing something right!!
4. Rain. I love it when it rains. And this week the heavens opened and it poured down heavily. It’s always great to get some rain here but the heat that follows it – well that’s not something to be too happy about.
5. My husband. As I mentioned it’s been a tough week for me, trying not too think too much about my father and what’s happening at home and not being able to do much. And my dear husband has been great. Just listening to me and loving me and assuring me that whatever I need or my Dad needs, we will find a way to get done what needs to be done.
What have you been up too and what’s your favorites for this week.
Thanks Susanne for FFF.
p.s. I’ll be away for the weekend so I’ll visit your blogs later.