2014 Snapshots

Friday, March 5

Friday’s Fave Five # 46

FFF spring

I’ve missed the last two Friday’s of listing my favorites.  Just been busy participating with activities in the community and school.

But it’s great to be back.  I have so much to be thankful for, so very much.

If you are wondering what Fave Five is then click here for details or visit Susanne our resident host.

So here’s my Five;

1.  News from home.  I called my parents during the week and found out that my sister whom my husband and I sponsored through college landed a job.  I’m so happy for her and I know my parents are thrilled about it too.

2.  Positive Feedback. It’s gratifying when you get positive feedback.  As you  see from my other post the ISB elementary school had International week and I  set up a classroom to showcase my country.  I’ve heard great things about our presentation but what makes me happier is that it’s coming from the kids.  And children are always so honest so it’s satisfying.

DSCF3781 3. Thailand’s beaches.  After a long weekend away it’s true, the beaches here in Thailand have very white sand and the water is beautiful.  Oh it truly is paradise.  I’m planning another trip.

DSCF4711

4.  Snorkeling.  It took some getting use to but after we got the hang of it we had fun.  So much fun.  And even better I got to snorkel with my girls.  We hope to do it again soon.

DSCF4658

5.  Children’s Ministry.  I volunteered to help out with our community church and take the Pre K and K kids for Sunday school.  My first Sunday we did the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho.  It was so much fun.  I found this song (below) on the internet and we had fun singing and marching in our class with the mega phones that we made for our craft.  I love it when kids get excited about the characters in the bible and are inspired by the character lessons of the people in the bible.  Very humbling to me.

SONG

Here We Go Round the Jericho Wall

(to the tune of: Mulberry Bush)

Here we go round the Jericho wall
Jericho wall, Jericho wall
Here we go round the Jericho wall
Early in the morning

Additional Verses

2) This is the way we blow our horns
3) This is the way we quietly walk
4) This is the way we shout really loud
5) This is the way the walls fall down

So here’s my five.  I’ve missed 2 weeks and my list could go on and on but I’m sticking with the rules!!

To see what’s making other bloggers happy and thankful head on over to Living to Tell the Story.

8 comments:

ellen b. said...

Those beaches look fabulous Kari! So glad you can enjoy them. I hope everyone gets well/stays well at your house and the pesky flu isn't shared. Love the song :0) Maybe I'll have to sing it as I mow the lawn...

Jerralea said...

What a fun song to sing at Children's Ministries!

I totally love the pictures of Thailand's beaches ... wow!

Susanne said...

That beach looks incredible with the rocks rising out of the water like that. I wish I was there!!! :v)

Congrats to your sister. That is awesome news.

And to you too for the great feedback!

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

Looks like a lot of exciting things going on there! The water looks not only fun but beautiful!

Brenda said...

The water at that beach looks so beautiful! We went snorkling in Thailand a few years ago and it was wonderful.

nikkipolani said...

I don't know, having more than five to count as faves and be thankful for is worth breaking the rules! Those beach shots are amazing -- that gorgeous clear turquoise water is mesmerizing.

Willow said...

Welcome back! Your weekend at the beach sounds perfect. I do miss the warm ocean water of Papua. Here in CA it's too cold to swim or snorkle without a wet suit.

Barbara H. said...

Great news about your sister! And how neat that your presentation was well-received.

That water looks so inviting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...