2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, February 23

Ida’s Challenge – 3/12 Stranger

Here is week 3 of this challenge.  It’s harder than I thought!!

This is my photo – Portrait of monk(s) receiving alms.

something I learnt from this – you’re not allowed to touch the monk.  All the items that are donated is all that they live on.  So they do really rely on the generosity of the public to survive.

IMGP0439I took this photo at school.  I guess it was a controlled area for the monks to be receiving.  Usually they are on the streets. 

But hey they’re still strangers!

To see who else is playing along visit Ida.

3 comments:

Jewel said...

That's a great picture! I knew not to touch a monk but I wasn't aware that these gifts are ALL that they have! Wow.

Ida Nielsen said...

I love this photo: the expression on his face and the beautiful color of his clothes. And the story behind it is very interesting too :-)

Le blÖg d'Ötli said...

A beautiful photo... and thanks for the precisions...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...