2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, November 17

A different kind of piggy bank

DSCF0092

This is what my daughter brought home from her field trip to the Lumber Yard yesterday.  It’s actually bamboo and if you look closely you can see a slit in it.  Well that is where you’d put your coins.  So technically  you could call this a “Bamboo Bank”.

Tanysha was excited about this trip to the Yumber Lard is what she called it at first.  (We had a good laugh!). They’ve been learning about wood for Science and so I’m guessing to wrap up the topic a field trip was in order.

I did not go on the trip so I don’t have photo’s but there are some photo’s on their classroom blog if you’d like to visit. 

Actually I’m going to kindly ask if you could visit their blog. (I did get permission from the teacher)  Because I know Mrs. B. and her class would be happy to see their visitors map light up.  Who knows it may even spark some discussions about the world map.

Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

Puna said...

It's a great bank. You can't get the money out unless you break it! What creativity on your child's part! I visited their blog. Thanks for letting me live in Thailand vicariously through you!

Francesca said...

How lovely to have a bright red tshirt as a uniform, my boys had to wear a black apron! The bamboo bank is a very simple and clever idea.

Cate said...

how cool! i think that that would be popular around here, as well. and yumber lard? love it.

Cherry B said...

What a neat idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...