2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, October 27

Late Corner View Post: My Dream.

png picture-purple

Welcome to my late Corner View post of  My Dream and the theme comes from the lovely Kay @ Kay Loves Vintage .

This theme was a little difficult because since joining Corner View I’ve tried to remain true to the premise and work each theme into the place that I  live in right now which is Thailand.  And well I have no dreams for Thailand or from Thailand but I do have a dream, a personal dream.

So here it is,  my dream that I have in my head and in my heart.  And I do have hope that this dream will one day become a reality.

My dream is that one day I’ll be able to help make sure that there are libraries or learning hubs in all the community schools back in my home country of Papua New Guinea.

Illiteracy is still present and is a problem.  And I  feel strongly that if we surround our children with books then we’ll at least give them the opportunity to unlock the wonders of the world.

Empowerment through information and knowledge is my dream.

reader

5 comments:

Francesca said...

Kari, this is a beautiful dream. In the village where we live, most elderly people are barely literate. In my country, it was public schooling that made a big difference. Though now often condemned by some as averaging, public schooling and the legal compulsory attendance that came with it made individuals raise above avarage.

Renee said...

Too true and a wonderful dream.

Renee xoxo

jgy said...

Wonderful and caring dream.
Do you know an organization called
"Room to Read"? They build schools in communities throughout Asia.
I hope your dream will come true!
All the best,
Joanne

MODsquad said...

What an awesome dream! And, I hope and pray it becomes a reality! All over the world!

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...