2014 Snapshots

Friday, October 30

Friday’s Fave Five # 31.

FFF fall leaves 2

It’s Friday already?

Wow this week has gone by so fast, I can’t believe it’s the weekend already.

Well it’s good to be back.  Apart from being thankful to be home safely there were other things to be thankful for as well.

Thanks to Susanne for hosting Fave Five’s.  It really is a good thing to practice – being thankful. For all things, big and small.  To read more Fave Five’s click here.

So here are my five for this week:

1.  Another year older.  We celebrated a birthday – my husbands birthday.  I’m happy that he’s another year older and as I shared yesterday he’s also healthy and happy.

DSCF9701DSCF9761 DSCF9685

2.  Seeing and hearing Renee read her story. Renee invited us to the “Young Author’s Celebration Tea” to hear her and her classmates  read the stories they had written, and it was so good.  It was a proud moment for me and my husband.   Here is the title and entry to her story:

clip_image001

I could hear the gentle tapping on my window. And somehow it was like a lullaby putting me back to sleep. I could also feel the warmth of the sun coming through my window. It was so peaceful when suddenly I heard;

“Renee are you awake?”

3.  The NBA Season has finally begun. I know it’s a long season but I’m so excited about it.  I love to watch the basketball.  GO LAKERS!!!

4.  Knowing that my sister is done at Uni and that she’s on her way home.  She actually flies home today.  This was her final year.  Now comes the hard part though – finding and securing a job.  But I’m sure she’ll be alright.

5.  Calling home and hearing  from them all.  It was wonderful to  hear that they are all well.  Especially also hearing that my Dad is doing really good.  That is always a good thing.

I hope you all had a great week, and are ready for a great weekend.

Happy Day.

11 comments:

Islandsparrow said...

A belated Happy Birthday to your hubby! And congratulations to your daughter - I'm a retired teacher-librarian and I'd say that's a lovely descriptive lead to her story. It certainly makes me want to read the rest! Congratulations to your sister as well and I'm glad to hear the good news about your Dad too.
Happy weekend!

Susanne said...

A big Happy Birthday to your hubby!

That story sounds like it was really good! What grade is she in. That's great writing!

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. And good luck to your sis in the next stage of her life.

Mari said...

Another great picture of your husband and son. Renee is a talented writer too. What a great opening to a story!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! (I love those candles....they look so festive.)

Have a great weekend!

Nihal said...

Happy..
indeed..
thank you so much for your surprise visit at my little corner, Kari.
n'joyed a lot.
thankyouthankyouthankyou!
can you see my smile?
i wish you could, it's a good one:)
then so good to see that you all had a lovely night with a celebration party.
i hope you feel happiness today. happy feels good. have a great weekend.
and, warm greetings & hello to Thailand from Istanbul:)

kindest~

Lisa notes... said...

Birthdays are so fun to celebrate. Love the story. Glad to hear that your dad is going well. Always a blessing!

Jewel said...

Happy birthday to your husband!! I know it's hard to be away from home for special things like birthdays. I'm glad you could enjoy together as family.

Renee sounds like a great writer! I loved the opening to the story!

Jerralea said...

I loved the beginning of Renee's story - I think we'd all like to see the rest!

Happy birthday to your hubby - love the photo of the cake.

So glad to hear your dad is doing well.

Willow said...

All five faves make me smile. Happy Birthday to your hubby.
As a teacher of writing, I'm thrilled to see how well Renee is doing!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. My husband had a BD this week also.

Sounds like a good week.

ellen b said...

Hi Kari! What a great cake for your husbands birthday! Hearing from family is so so good and if all is well it's a bonus! Enjoy your weekend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...