2014 Snapshots

Friday, October 9

Friday’s Fave Five # 29.

FFF fall leaves 2Welcome to this Friday’s Fave Five. 

I’m a bit late (from my side of the world anyway).  It’s been a busy day and it’s only now that I’m able to find some time to sit and blog.

I’m sure you know what this is all about but if you are here for the first time then click here for details. 

I’ll be honest that by participating in this blog carnival it helps me to be mindful of my days and look out for the good things, the happy things and the simple things.

So here are my five for this week:

1. Quote. – This quote: 

“You meet people who forget you.  You forget people you meet.  But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget.  Those are your friends”.  - anonymous.

give friends 100%

(I found the sign on the way home last week – i thought it fit well the quote)

2.  Kids Spontaneity.  This week was a short week at  school because  of Parent/Teacher conferences scheduled for Thursday and Friday.  So my daughter invited some friends over.  And well they had fun, lots of fun. Notice that none of them are in their swimmers!  Thankfully they all live nearby.

DSCF8956

DSCF8958

3.  Knowing the girls are doing well at school.  My husband and I met with the girls teachers today and it was so great to hear from their teachers that they’re doing well and enjoying school.  It’s satisfying.  It was also interesting to take note of the differences in my daughters.

4.  Magazines.  I enjoy receiving these magazines in the mail.  And I love reading them and getting new ideas.  I really do.

DSCF8860

5.  Another quote:

“Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.”  Samuel Johnson.

For more Favorite Five’s visit Susanne at Living To Tell the Story.

Happy Weekend!!

6 comments:

Mari said...

I like your favorites. The quotes are great and I like the pics of the girls with their friends.

Lisa notes... said...

I love the friendship quote. So true. Very interesting road sign. I've never seen one like that. I love getting magazines, too, but I don't take enough time to sit down to read them, so they pile up. Until I go to the beach - then they all get read. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the friendship quote and the kids are so cute and having so much fun. I wish I was there to be playing with them in that pool. How fun. Great FFF. There's an award for ya on my blog :) Have a great weekend :)

Susanne said...

Both are good quotes but I really like that second one.

Good for your girls doing well in school. And looks like the swim lessons are paying off!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great fave fives. I really like the last quote.

Francesca said...

The perseverance quote is what I needed to hear today. I'm glad your girls are enjoying and doing well in school: you must have been happy and proud parents at the meeting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...