2014 Snapshots

Monday, October 19

10 True Things….

IMGP5389

I saw this last week at Ida’s blog while travelling around the world via the Corner View Bloggers and I thought I’d do this – just for the fun of it of course.

The premise – well I have to share 10 true things about myself.  So here we go:

1.  I went to boarding school in Australia and absolutely loved it.  I have some wonderful memories from my days as a border.  I learned some valuable lessons that kind of makes my life as an expat wife easier.

2.  I got lost  at a Bingo night at my school when we lived in Japan.  I was 5 years old.  My sister who was 4 years older than me got into a lot of trouble.

3.  I use to have beautiful black curly, frizzy hair.  And on the spur of the moment I straightened it and have regretted ever since.

4. I once ran in every single event at the school’s athletics carnival.  I did the 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500m.   And I also did the relays.  Oh and I won every single event.  (Gee I wish I could still do that – not win but run!)

5.  I  remember nearly running  over a 300 dollar sheep on a friends farm at Coolah, Australia.  She insisted on teaching me how to drive a stick shift and it nearly turned out to be a horrible experience.  Of course I laugh about it now but at the time I was freaking out.  I can drive a stick shift.

6.  I don’t like the taste of beer.  I’ve tried and tried but just haven’t found one that I like.  Nope not a beer drinker.

7.  I love getting on air planes and love the food they serve.  I also like airports.  To me it’s the one place where so many different emotions are just out there. 

8.  I enjoy meeting people and learning about their culture and custom.  It fascinates me.

9.   I use to be a smoker way back in high school, which was boarding school.  Thankfully I quit.  I think we know way too much now to be putting our bodies through that.  

10.  I love to read.  It’s my way of escape.  I also like to watch movies.  And here’s the thing I can watch a movie over and over again. 

So there it is – just 10 true things.

If you are up to it, join in.  Tell us 10 true things about yourself.

Happy Day.

4 comments:

Thom said...

What a beautiful photo and thanks for sharing the 10 things. How did ya quit smoking?

Mari said...

Nice job on the list! I don't like beer either - I just don't like the taste. Boarding school in Australia sounds like quite an experience.
I love the picture!

Francesca said...

What a lovely photos, Kari! You've lived in a lot of different countries, where's "home" for you? Enjoy your time away from technology.

Jeannette said...

Have a great time! And loved your list. Your life till now has certainly not been boring! ;)
♥ Jeannette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...