2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, September 8

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes.

sadako and the thousand paper cranes

Every time I read this book I cry.   I’ve read it more than once, and it still gets to me.

I first read the book back when I was in 5th grade.  And I remember how I cried and cried.  It’s a true story about a young girl, her illness and her hope.

Well I read it again this afternoon while I was waiting for Tanysha after school and of course I cried, again.

How about you, do you have “that book” that you’ve read and no matter how many times you read it, it stirs up the same emotions?

Do share.

1 comment:

shayndel said...

I read Sadako many years ago. I get emotional when I see strands of paper cranes, and at the same time I feel the hope.
The book I've read over and over is Letters to a Young Poet; I can't exactly name the emotion I have when I read it, it's more of a connection to wherever I am in myself...
Nice to 'see' you again:)
best,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...