2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, July 14

H1N1 in Thailand

This is a common sight here. People with masks on.

swine flu

picture credit: The Bangkok Post.

Even before the H1N1 flu people around here would wear the face masks.  I'm not sure why but I'm assuming it's to limit the inhalation of fumes from the vehicles in Thailand.  And believe me there are a lot of them.

Anyway this morning while listening to the news I heard that the Thai govt announced it's going to hand out around 10 million masks around the country.  Thailand's total fatalities from H1N1 this morning was 21.  And now it's 24. 3 more died just after lunch.

It's a little worrying. I had planned to take the kids out today and in the next couple of days as their holidays near the end but now I'm not so sure now.  I think we are safer in our own house.

The latest - about 435 schools, 200 nurseries and 13 training centers in the Bangkok area have been closed for the next 5 days!!

 

P.S Make sure to come back tomorrow for Corner View # 14 - the great reveal!  I promise I won't be wearing a mask!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

That is worrying. We hardly hear anything about it any longer in the news over here, and I'm not too sure why ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...