It’s Friday! And it’s Good Friday!
This has been a difficult week for me, in a lot of ways but I’ve been determined to remain positive and to see the good in all things and all people. So here is what I’m thankful for despite the tough week.
Thanks again to Susanne for hosting this. Head on over to Living to Tell the Story for other Fave Five’s.
1. This Proverb. The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. It’s like a lesson straight out from the bible. But it’s a Chinese Proverb. Either way this really spoke to me and reminded me of life’s little ups and downs. And especially this week being difficult and all it’s been a great reminder.
2. Holy Week. Next to Christmas this week/holiday really helps me to purposefully slow down to focus and remember Jesus, His life, His Death and His Resurrection. I love to read those passages in the bible and envision in my head what was happening. The mood, the people, the smell. The excitement, the joy, the fear and the sorrow.
3. Coffee. I love my coffee and yeah maybe I’ve had one too many this week but I love a good cuppa. And I confess I’m addicted to Starbucks. I contribute a lot to them. I’ve been “Star bucked”! Although I still get intimidated by all that coffee lingo. Still haven’t got that down.
4. Massages. Oh yes they’re great. And here in Thailand they’re everywhere and so cheap so I take full advantage of it. I’ve had 2 in the space of 7 days!!
5. My Children. They bring out so much in me. The good and the bad. Yes, I did say the bad. I just love their innocence and their spontaneity.
Wishing you all a great Friday and a Wonderful Easter as we celebrate His Resurrection!