It’s that time of the week so here are my high points for the week.
1. Finally both my girls will be at the same school next school year. We got confirmation this week that Tanysha has been accepted and will start kindergarten this August at ISB. This is such great news because when it comes to planning holidays we’ve always had one on break and the other still at school. This will not be an issue in the very near future.
2. Psalm 119. It’s not always easy to read the Bible, let alone understand it and sometimes it’s just boring. (Oh my gosh I can’t believe I just wrote/confessed this out here in blog land!! But it’s true and you know what, I can’t even hide that from God). For example the genealogy parts are hard to follow – the “such and such begat this and so on is hard to keep track of sometimes. So but anyway Psalm 19 – well I’m loving this chapter all over again. So much in it for me about God’s Word. And this week I’m thankful for the gentle reminder of the importance of the Bible and how I need it in my life - daily.
3. Exercising again. This week I did yoga, went to the gym and fumbled my way around all the fancy equipment but stayed and conquered them. And then not wanting to be intimidated again I decided to walk around our lake instead. I really love that feeling I have after some exercising. I love to feel strong and confident and to also have that sense of accomplishment. It does amaze me how exercise affects my mind - positively. I hope to keep this up.
This is a picture of our lake that I walk around most mornings.
4. Positive Response to Chemotherapy. My father has gone through some heavy doses of chemo this week but I am grateful that his body is responding positively. He does feel and look tired and beaten and sore from all the IV’s but otherwise he is accepting his treatments. And for that I am most thankful. I have read so much about the side effects of chemo so it’s great to see that Dad has not experienced any yet. Although he’s been hiccupping a lot!
5. My new i-phone. I was reluctant to agree with my hubby to get me one but now that I’ve had one for a week, I’m so happy that he didn’t listen to me. I love my new gadget. And I love being connected – it’s great. I’m still learning how to use it efficiently but for now I’m really, really loving it.
Have a great weekend.
For more Fave Five’s go to Living To Tell the Story.