2014 Snapshots

Sunday, March 1

The Sun has gone to bed and so must I…….

But before I do I just have to share.

Dad is doing much better and is almost fully recovered from his surgery.  I’ve gone everyday of the week.  Some days are tougher than others for both Dad and myself.  I hate to see Dad in pain because I don’t know what to do. On his good days he’s happy to see me and we talk.  Talk about everything.  He lets me read his daily devotions and then we share and pray.  On his not so good days we just remain in silence. Dad will lie in bed with his eyes closed and I will sit on the comfortable sofa.   Sometimes I think he wants to be left alone but I sit, in silence, for as long as I can (before my kids come home from school anyway). When it’s time I kiss my Dad and let him know I’ll be back in the evening and then I leave.

More tests are still being done and I’m hopeful that we have caught this thing at it’s early stage.  I haven’t sat down and had a good talk with his Doc and I plan too.  For now we are concentrating on Dad to fully recover from his surgery that he had last week and get out of the hospital. I think that will do a whole lot of good in itself.  Only after that can we think of what needs to be done next.

Things are coming along well in terms of his recovery.  My mind still wanders and worries but then I remember this bible verse that I read last week and I am reminded to Be Still.

Isaiah 26:3:
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...