2014 Snapshots

Friday, March 27

Once Upon a Time…

Four little words that can take you anywhere you want to go.  This week was Tanysha’s Book Week and “Once Upon A Time” was the theme.

reader

And now it has come to an end and I know she has enjoyed it immensely.  I too have enjoyed watching her get excited about the books that she’s been introduced to this week and having her come home and talk to me about them.  Absolutely Wonderful!! 

One activity that I know she really enjoyed this week was called D.E.A.R .  Where the children Drop Everything And Read.  It was exciting for her to stop what she was doing and to go get lost with her friends in their books.

I also enjoyed this week,  especially being able to be a Secret Reader for her class.  I love to read, but I love reading to children even more, being able to is share the books with the children.  Awesome. 

Here are the two books that I shared with the children this week.  I didn’t plan it but both books I choose taught the same lesson.  After we read the books we learnt that it’s okay to be different.  And we talked about how each one of us is special and unique although we are different.

I’m so glad they enjoyed the books.chry_jpgthe-legend-of-spookley-the-square-pumpkin

Today is the Book Character Parade.  And this is who Tanysha choose to be . 

Anybody wanna  have a guess who she might be….?

DSCF4604  

Have a Great Weekend Everyone.

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go."

— Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...