2014 Snapshots

Friday, March 27

Friday’s Fave Five – # 4

I love Fridays, not just because the weekend is here. But I am enjoying Friday’s Fave Five.  It’s a great time to reflect on the week.  To read more check out Living to Tell the Story.

springtime FF5

1.  Emails.  Oh how I love to receive emails from friends and family.  Friends from all over.  And I love to read about how they and their families are doing.  And it especially makes my heart rejoice to know they are still going strong in their journeys with Jesus and that they are gathering with other believers in their new communities.  Awesome!!  Isn’t that what it is all about?bless my online friends

2.  Manicures and Pedicures.  I’m not a girly girl by any means and I don’t normally fit in a mani/pedi on my things to do.  But lately with the weather heating up and the desire to wear open shoes I thought I should make the time to get them done.  And I did.  And I love them.  I like that my nails look well manicured and cute.  And here’s the best part.  It only cost me 250 baht for both my fingers and toes.  That’s only 7 US Dollars.  Oh how I love this place!DSC05988

3.  Family.  My mother came in last night from Papua New Guinea and I’m so thankful..  I know Dad is too.  I’m sure he is thrilled that now he can share with mum exactly what he is feeling and thinking, his anxiety and his fears.  There is truly a special bond in marriage that special something between a husband and wife.  

4. New T-shirts.  Cheap ones too.  Yes I went shopping again for my son because he is growing so fast. 

DSC06003

I saw these tees for sale and I couldn’t resist.  Not only do I think they’ll look cute on my son but also because they were cheap.  Super, super cheap.  59 baht!!

5.  Books, Books and more Books.  I love to invest in books.  Especially good books for my kids.  And this week I splurged.  It is hard sometimes to find enough English books here so when they bring the books to you (like they did at Tanysha’s school for book week – I took full advantage).  I look forward to bedtime reading in the next couple of weeks.  Although my kids will still bring out their favorites.

So what was your fave five this week?

4 comments:

Jerralea said...

Wow, what incredible deals you got this week. I love to get a mani/pedi but I hate taking the time to do it! Have a wonderful weekend, and God bless you and your family.

Barbara H. said...

Love good book deals! And I love hearing from friends and family, too.

Willow said...

Great deals on your nails and clothes for your son! And good books, too! I know the best was having your mom arrive. From PNG? We used to live in Papua on the Indo side! Would love an update on your dad, too.

Susanne said...

What a fun list, Kari! Love your pedicure. I can't believe the deal you got. I was just checking into how much it is around here. I've never had one. It was $55, which included a parafin dip, whatever that is. Ouch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...