2014 Snapshots

Thursday, February 5

Today…..

…..has been stinking hot.  Sticky and humid.  The kind of weather that makes your thighs rub against each other – even more.   Yep it’s been one of those days.

But right now there is relief – in the form of rain.  It’s not pouring down,  it’s just drizzling.  Just enough to cool the air and make it bearable.   

Today I gave up and let my 4 yr old stay home because I just couldn’t send her off to school with tears. Again. (that’s 4 days in a row) 

But she will be off to school tomorrow – definitely.  Hopefully without tears.

Today I spoke with my dear friend back in Bakersfield, California.  It was great to hear her voice and to know that she is well and so is her family.

But I felt awful that I forgot it was her husbands birthday and my phone call pulled her away from her family for nearly half-an-hour.  Sorry.

Today I have been able to tick off almost all of my TO DO items on my to do list..  small accomplishment.

But I did say almost all. Not all of them – almost all.

Today I have hugged my kids  – not once but many times over.  And the day is not ever yet!

Because sometimes I forget.

Today I am thankful.

…..Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...