2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, February 3

She Loves School but not at the moment.

So my normally confident, I can do it all 4yr old says that she does not like school - anymore.  She’s always loved school, and she really enjoys it, so this is unlike her – so unlike her.

I thought this week was to be like any other week but yesterday when I went to leave her she didn’t want to go – she started crying.

Nysha doesn’t usually cry about not wanting to go to school so I figured something must be bothering her. I asked her why she was crying and this is what she said – she got in trouble last week with her teacher and that’s why she doesn’t want to be at school anymore.

I asked what kind of trouble and she told me that she got into the pool after the teacher had instructed them not to.

Okay fair enough. As a parent I understand that these rules and instructions are for the children’s safety. So last night we had a talk about it, about why she got into trouble with the teacher and that what she did was wrong. And she understood.

So all should be okay, right. WRONG.

This morning she refused to go again. She cried, she whined and she was being difficult. But I forced her to go.

I know my child – she should be over what happened last week. I know she understands what she did wrong and why she got into trouble so she shouldn’t be behaving this way. 

But it has bothered me so I am going to ask the teacher how did he correct her – was it in front of her peers or did he pull her aside and speak to her alone.

We will be having another talk this evening. I hope this will pass over.

..Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...