2014 Snapshots

Monday, February 23

Happy Homemaker Monday

I found this over at Diary of a SAHM and I’ve decided to participate. 

On My Bedside Table: 

Prayer Through the Eyes of Women of the Bible. 

The Road of Lost Innocence.

On My TV:

CNN International. 

High School Musical 3

On the Menu for tonight: 

Steak, black pepper gravy, rice and garden salad.

On My To Do list: 

Visit Dad in the hospital.

Send money to sister @ college.

New Recipe I Tried Lat Week:  Nothing New.  Haven’t had the time.

In the craft Basket:  Not very crafty.  No crafts.

Looking Forward to:  Dad being discharged from the hospital soon.

Homemaking Tip for this week:  Cooking 1 meal for 2 nights.  Different dish the second night.

Favorite Blog post of the Week: (mine of other):  http://97secondswithgod.blogspot.com/  28 days of going through Proverbs 12.

Favorite photo from last week:

 

Lessons learned the past few days: It has been a tough couple of days for me with Dad being diagnosed with lung cancer. And then seeing him go through a open biopsy and immediately after a lobotomy. In the midst of it I am so thankful for God’s Word which has been the one constant thing I can rely on.  To be able to remember His promises and to  stand on them is so wonderful. I’ve also learnt that I’m only able to stand on those promises that I have have read of in the bible.  If I’m not full with His word then the Holy Spirit does not have much to work with.  It’s a hard truth but a truth.

On My Prayer List: 

Dad’s recovery from the operation.

My husband

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verse:

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Philippians 4:6-7.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi ... just popped by from Sandra's place and wanted to say hello !

Sandra said...

Hi Kari, glad you're joining us :)

I'll keep your dad in my prayers.

Mary Ann said...

Praying for your dad. The verses you listed are some that have been on my mind too, lately.

Enjoyed the post!

Jen said...

I'll keep your Dad in my prayers. The verses you listed are get ones. Have a great day.

GranthamLynn said...

Hi Kari,
I will pray for you and your dad. I know it is hard. You seem to be like me spending alot of time resolving to trust and stand firm. I understand it is hard but know that God is there.
I will pray you have a Blessed week and feel God's presence.
Blessings,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Kari darl,
Just want to share this wit you.
WHAT IS A FRIEND?

Your Heart is your Love,
Your love is your Family ,
Your family is your Future ,
Your future is your Destiny ,
Your destiny is your Ambition,
Your ambition is your Aspiration ,
Your aspiration is your Motivation ,
Your motivation is your Belief ,
Your belief is your Peace ,
Your peace is your Target ,
Your target is Heaven,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...