2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, February 11

Being Anxious

I hate being anxious.  I hate it.  And right now I am very anxious.  My dear father was complaining of chest pains last week so I took him to get checked.  He had a CT scan and his heart is okay but they found a spot (nodule) on his lung.  Yesterday they tried to do a biopsy but were not able to draw some tissue so we are still waiting.

I can see the worry and stress on my Dad’s face and I’m trying to be positive but it’s tough.  Dad was a heavy smoker for a long time.  He did stop for a while but then started up again. 

As I’m going about my daily business it’s difficult not to be anxious and I know this is an opportunity for me to apply Philippians 4:6-7  into this situation.  It does say DO NOT be ANXIOUS and then it says to present my request/worry/burden with thanksgiving.  With thanksgiving.  That in itself is faith.  After I do that God’s peace will come over me.  It’s difficult but it has to be a choice.  Am I going to be obedient and NOT be Anxious?

I’m still waiting – no word from the doctor yet but I do have His Word.  And that I can totally rely on.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7.

1 comment:

Rossie said...

I am praying and I know how you are feeling! My father-in-law had the exact same thing. His turned out to be Valley Fever, but he had cancer show up in other various ares. God is so faithful and has restored his body though. But for a time it was so hard for me not to be anxious. (I have a very close relationship with My father-in-law) Anyway, I will be praying for your whole family!
Lots of love, Rossie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...