2014 Snapshots

Friday, January 9

No Resolutions

9 days into the New Year and I still haven’t got any New Year’s Resolutions.  And I don’t plan on having any! Because I I’ve never been able to get through the first month without going back on the many resolutions I make.

So no grand resolutions this year, instead I’m setting goal – goals which will be definite and certainly attainable and measurable.  Yep measurable!.

So here are 5 goals for this year, 2009.

  1. Take better care of myself.  By this I not only mean physically but this is always the biggest challenge but also spiritually, mentally and emotionally.  I’ve learnt that I’m really no use to anyone especially my family when I’m not well.
  2. Refuse to PROCRASTINATE!  Yes I am a procrastinator and it drives my husband crazy.  As I look back on 2008 I can remember things that happened and didn’t happen because of my procrastination.  And I’m ashamed to say this but even wasted money because of it.
  3. Spend more time on what is important– building relationships.  Relationships with family members and other people. Everything else will fade, rot, become worthless and not be there when it’s all said and done.  But the relationships we work on now will always be there.
  4. Spend more time in God’s Word.  I love to read but when it comes to reading the bible this is such a difficult thing for me.  I read the bible but not enough and it is the only way I know to keep your faith strong.  Fellowship is always good but seeking the Word of God by yourself – Priceless.
  5. To live in the moment and to live for today.

No resolutions, just goals and more so lifestyle changes.

….Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...