2014 Snapshots

Monday, January 12

My New Best Friends

A couple of days ago I stated that I wanted to take better care of myself. And I’m going too.  I don’t want to say I’m going on a diet (because I just hate that d word ) but instead I’m going to start out by making some changes. Small changes that I think should really help me reach that goal of taking better care of myself.

So let me introduce you to my new best friends – friends that will help me achieve my goal.

measuring jug      measuring cups

Yep – Portion Control baby!

I’m measuring everything.  Everything.  It’s probably going to drive my family crazy but I think as time goes on I should be able to estimate, and estimate well.  But for now these are my best friends.

I’ve been doing this the last couple of weeks and I’ve been amazed at how little is needed to to fill my tummy. To feel satisfied – not stuffed but satisfied.

…..Kari

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs, they are soo interesting and I find them inspiring and encouraging for me. I occassionally relate to some of your experiences.

What is the program you are on? Any tips? I have being quite overweight after living here in NZ for a while, thanks to the dairy food lol... As usual, trying to blame someone or thing for the weight gained lol''

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...