2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, January 20

44th Presidential Inauguration

I know it’s 3am Tuesday in the US right now and 3pm Tuesday here in Thailand and I’m planning to stay up tonight to watch a historic event unfold on CNN International.

I’m loving what President elect Obama has done and will do.  Even before he announced his intentions to run for the highest and most powerful office in the world I went out and bought his books, “Dreams of My Father” and “The Audacity of Hope”.  Before that I had only watched him speak at the Democrats convention in ‘04.  If there is anything I walked away with after that speech it would have to be how inspired I felt – about myself,  about people and communities.

As I think about what will happen in a couple of hours I remember why I went out and bought his books.  I bought them because it spoke of hope to me. 

I’m excited to watch the inauguration late tonight and I can only imagine the buzz that is in Washington and generally around the US today.

Truly a historic time is about to unfold. 

…..Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...