2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, December 17

What's Your Fave Five?

christmas music sheet

With less than 10 days to go "Christmas is in the Air" - even here in Thailand where they don't even recognize/celebrate  Christmas!  

The stores are beautifully decorated and there are Santa's everywhere.  But you know what I'm enjoying - the Christmas music which is everywhere.  Joyful songs blaring through the PA systems! It truly does put you in a jolly mood!!

Well with all this music in the air I've decided to blog about my Five favorite Christmas Songs over the next couple of days.   There are so many and my list could go on and on but I will limit it to five - hence my "Fave Five!"

Why not go ahead and join me in this Fave Five List.  It's real easy - Share with us five of your favorite Christmas carols or songs and tell us why it is your favorite. 

Before I start begin did you know there is a difference between a Christmas Carol and a Christmas Song.  Yep there is a difference!!

So here goes.....

 number 5      Silent Night

I love this carol!  Yes this is a Christmas carol and a very popular one at that.    I know there are so many versions and in so many different languages.  But whenever I hear this song it reminds me of when I was little girl and how this song would be the one we would always want to sing at school, at church and at home.  Even if we did not know the words we would always hum along.

The lyrics are beautiful but this one line  "silent night, holy night, All is calm, all is bright"  just brings such a calmness and peace over me. 

My mind visualizes Mary and Joseph on that night in Bethlehem and how scared they must have been. I can also imagine that there must have been a calmness that came over them, that peace they had because they knew in their hearts that God was in control. I'm sure when they saw their situation Mary must have been anxious as she was preparing to birth the Son of God and Joseph must have been have been panicking because he wasn't able to find a comfortable place for his wife to give birth.

It must truly have been a Silent Night because the "Shepherds were quaking at the sight!"

This is really a beautiful song.

.....Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...