2014 Snapshots

Monday, November 3

It's Was a Busy Halloween!

So my mum and brother arrived safely early last Friday morning and then the craziness began!!

We got home from the airport around 2.30am, made it to bed around 4am and then I was up again at 6 to get my older daughter ready for school by 7.

It had rained non-stop the night before and I was worried that we might have to cancel our school carnival that we had worked so hard to organize.  Thankfully it wasn't but we had to downsize. The Bounce House was scaled back drastically and that was a bummer.

I spent most of that day at school finalizing stuff and doing last minute run a rounds.  All the while my mum and brother were back at home by themselves.  I felt so bad but I just had to be at the school being a PTG rep.

Well the carnival went well and the kids really enjoyed themselves.  Except for the couple of downpours during the carnival otherwise it was fun.  When it rains here in Thailand the heavens just open up and it rains hard - not the kind that comes down hard at first and then tapers off.  No this is the same from the beginning till end - hard and heavy rain.

So although the carnival was scaled back it was still so much fun. The games, the food and the prizes were great so the rain didn't damp our spirits.

My daughter dressed in her home made Halloween costume.  It only cost me 50baht (which is about $1.70 us) and she won a prize for best dressed - which was exciting.

DSC02431

Tanysha as "Puss 'n Boots"

After the carnival we got back home and then I had to go Trick-or Treating with my older daughter  and her 6 friends.  Oh it was so crazy but fun all the same.  My feet were so sore afterwards but the kids had so much fun that it was worth it.

DSC02440

Renee with her friends and their bags of candy

I'm thankful that my mum is here and able to watch Joshua while I did what I had to do, and my brother was also a great help.

It was fun.  Surely a crazy Halloween to remember.

......Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...