2014 Snapshots

Friday, October 17

Did You Know that there are 244 Countries in this World....

This of course does depend on what is meant by country.  But I learnt this interesting fact today. Of those 244 countries - 53 of them are represented at my 8yr old daughters school. 

international day1

Talk about diverse!!

All week the Elementary School has celebrated International Week.  I love activities like this.  It is  great  to see the children at an early age learn about different countries, cultures and customs.  Throughout the week they did different activities to "celebrate their differences".  Yesterday the children got to share a dish unique to their country. And as a room mom for my 4th grader I got to try some of these different foods.  Such interesting food but so yummy all the same.

To cap of the week there was an assembly today.  So many children in their National Costumes or colors - such a beautiful thing to see.  The assembly was full of dances, poems and songs from all around the world.  They were all great to watch!.  My 4 year old enjoyed it so much.

If there be one thing/phrase I walked away with today it would have to be what the principal said:

Today we celebrate the differences until those differences don't make a difference. 

I thought it was just such a great statement. And so true.  Once we learn to accept, understand and tolerate those differences won't matter anymore.

.......Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...