2014 Snapshots

Friday, September 26

Panther Pops....

So yesterday I spent nearly 1/2 the day making delicious cookies on a stick which we call "Panther Pops" for the ISB PTA .

DSC02209 DSC02212

I started out all excited and feeling really great that I was doing my part for the school and the PTA but after the first 20 I wasn't so excited anymore.....but I toiled on.

You see the instructions were;

  • make 40
  • make them all the same size and
  • Do not overcook.

After baking the whole batch I had;

  • only made 33
  • they were not all the same size
  • and I definitely overcooked the  cookies - not all of them but a couple here and there.... well okay about 12 of them to be exact.

Oh how I hate the feeling of being incompetent. - Terrible!

This was the first time for me to bake these Panther Pops so I shouldn't be too harsh on myself but I didn't want to use that as en excuse.  Anyway I completed my task - cooled the cookies then packed them ready to be delivered. But not after spending the whole afternoon trying to figure out what to say when I went to deliver the Panther Pops.

Anyway after all the worrying, when I went to deliver the cookies the lady was great.  She told me not to worry that I didn't make 40, never mind about the over baked ones because there were more of them that were just right and for the ones I thought that were too large she said they were perfect.

Oh the unnecessary stress!! 

DSC02217

Final Product - Panther Pops for Sale

A good time to remember -

Your the smallest deed is better than your grandest  intention!

 .......Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...