2014 Snapshots

Thursday, August 21

The Missing Piece

I read this book "The Missing Piece" by Shel Silverstien to Tanysha this morning on our way to school. No fancy colorful pictures but a great story.

It's about how it's missin' a piece and it's not happy, so it sets of in search for it's missin' piece.  During his search it moves slowly and takes in the things surrounding him. It does manage to find some pieces that he thinks are his missing piece. But the pieces are either too small, too large, too short and too sharp.  Although it fills the gap it travels (rolls) too fast to enjoy his surroundings and it also causes discomfort.  Great story - you have to kinda read the book yourself. 

Anyway like I said Tanysha enjoyed it very much. 

And so did I. 

It actually got me reflecting.  I sometimes feel that I am missing pieces in my life and try to go out and search for these pieces - and usually in the wrong places.

But am I really missing a piece or pieces in my life? 

Bible tells me that "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (john 10:10).  If I have Christ I should not be missing any pieces because Christ has promised me life in it's fullness.  If I take my eyes off Jesus and look to those around me and try to be like them or want what they have,  then I will always think that I am missing pieces in my life and my joy will be taken away from me.  And  will miss what God is showing me on my journey.

It's amazing how God works.  Who would have known that God would speak to my heart through the home reading book that my daughter brought home.  For Tanysha it was just mommy reading another book.  But for me it was a gentle reminder to keep my eyes on Jesus - because he promises life and life in all it's fullness. 

No missing pieces!!

.........Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...