2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, August 6

Firsts....

I remember your first smile.

I remember the night you slept through and I kept on waking to check on you.

I remember your first step and oh how excited I was.

I remember your first birthday party and how ridiculously extravagant it was (maybe it's because you share the same birth date as grandma) and all you wanted to do was get your hands on the cream of your birthday cake.

I remember kindergarten and how you were afraid. And the tears that you shed when I had to say goodbye.

I remember 1st grade and how you wanted to show me how brave you were going to be on your first day of school.

2nd grade came around and I remember a confident & comfortable girl ready to go.

3rd grade was a little different .  You were a little afraid again but you faced that first day bravely - in your new school, with your new teacher and with children not only from Thailand but from all around the world.

After this morning I will remember your first day of 4th grade and how you were sooo ready.  Ready to meet your new teacher, ready to befriend new classmates and catch up with old ones and ready to face 4th grade head on.

Hope you had a  great day Renee.  I love you and I know there are many more firsts ahead for you...... and me.

Pictures from the first day of 4th Grade..............

DSC01139 

On our way to school

 DSC01140

walking towards the elementary school

DSC01141 

on her way to the 4th grade quad

DSC01143

looking ready & confident

DSC01152

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...