2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, August 27

Encouraging Women.

Yesterday was the kick off to the Encouraging Women's ministry here in Nichada - the community I live in.  It was great.  Fellowship is such a beautiful thing.  I love meeting people, I love to hear where they are in their journey with God and I love how God will speak to me through these wonderful women's lives.

Encouraging Women is a ministry of Chaengwattana Community Church. It is an international group of women who recognize the need for support and encouragement among our community.

And when they say international that is so true.  Yesterday at my table were women from all corners of the world - ladies to the left of me were from Oklahoma, US and the Netherlands.  Ladies to the right of me were from Singapore, Korea, Thai and Indonesian.  It is just such a beautiful thing that although we are from all parts of this big world our love for Jesus and our thirst for his truth - no matter where we are brings us together. 

Our theme for this Fall semester is "Out of the Pits" (Psalm 40:2).  Although we fall and trip over ourselves, we don't free fall - we have a Rock that we can land on and place our feet firmly.

I am expecting great things. You know when you can smell the rain coming but you don't know exactly when the down pour will happen. Well that's how I'm feeling.   I don't know why but I have this anticipation of witnessing wonders.

We had 5 different bible studies to choose from and I choose the "Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.  My heart is ready to be lead and my head is ready to be challenged.  Oh I'm so excited!!!

Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:25.  The Message)

........Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...